Tuesday, November 21, 2017
11:58
So today in one of my classes I was graded on if I could run a mile and a half in 11 minutes and 58 second. With only a brief introduction early in the semester the thought of this quickly slipped from my mind. The date quickly approached and now it was time to get graded for the mile and a half run. Having to score higher than the 80th percentile seemed very unrealistic for even the good runners in the class. The teacher said take your mark and the time started ticking away. 12 laps stood between me and a water break or a restroom break. How I run these next 12 lap will determine the grade i get so I have to finish in time. The lap number slowly got smaller and smaller but seemed not to ever end, but at 11:46 the time was over and I got the grade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great job Carly! I know that I am more of a distance runner, so I'm really impressed by your time. Unfortunately, as future educators, we are told to not grade on this. We should opt for heart rate monitors and efforts of perceived exertion instead. I suppose it is up to us in the future to decide how we want to grade our students.
ReplyDelete